It was 20 below zero here this morning so, to warm you up, here’s a look at the Plainfield, VT, Flower Farm last spring. Bram Towbin and Erica Da Costa have an acre of peonies and about 50 acres of lilacs and snowball viburnum, grown for the cut-flower market. From their hillside in Plainfield their budding flowers travel to urban flower markets around the Northeast. […]
- World University Games Lake Placid
- Picking Up the Pieces
- Ukraine Demonstrations, Montpelier, VT
- Local Racers @ U32
- Pictures of the Year, 2021
- 2021 IBU Trials, Day 3
- 2021 IBU Trials
- Montpelier Halloween
- Tacoma to Tacoma
- Bird Banding at North Branch Nature Center
- Across the Winooski: the Cross Vermont Trail Bridge
- Adirondacks: Middle Saranac Lake & Ampersand Mountain
- Montpelierâ€™s Middle School Track Meet
- NWVT Bill Koch Mini-Fest
- MHS/MSMS @ Craftsbury
- Stick Season
- Lost Nation Roll Roller Ski Race
- USBA Team Shoot
- Black Lives Matter, Vermont State House
- Sanders & Yang in New Hampshire
- 2019 International Biathlon Union Trials
- September 2019 Climate Strike
- PEI: Sea, Sky and Field
- Dam Wrightsville Cyclo-Cross
- Hemp Harvest
- Hannah & Ben
- Montpelierâ€™s July 3 Parade & the Montpelier Mile
- Recent Clips
- US Biathlon Association 2019 Nationals
- FIS World Cup Finals, Quebec City
- Seefeld 2019: FIS World Nordic Ski Championships
- The Seven Sisters
- London: Look Both Ways
- 2019 US Paralympics
- Normandy & Brittany
- NENSA 2018 Eastern Cup, Craftsbury
- Pheasant Shoot
- Grand Canyon Rafting
- 2018 World Disc Golf Championships
- Lake Champlain Open Water Swim
- Susanna & Akaash
- Chaloux Brothers Firewood
- Craftsbury Half Marathon
- Gulf of California & Baja California Sur
- 2018 Super Tour Finals @ Craftsbury
- World Cup Ski Orienteering at Craftsbury
- Mont Ste. Anne Ski de Fond, Quebec
- Catching Up on Oregon
- Solar Eclipse, 2017, Painted Hills, Oregon
- 2017 US National Biathlon Roller Ski Championships
- Nouveau Brunswick, Nova Scotia
- Pallas-YllÃ¤stunturi National Park, Finland
- Lahti #3
- Lahti World Championship #1
- State House Refugee Vigil
- Eastern Cup #1, 2016-17
- PEI, 2016
- Wind River, Yukon
- New Haven River Race
- Craftsbury Super Tour Finals 2016
- Ski Tour Canada 2016
- STC 2016 Athletes, Coaches, Volunteers
- UVM Winter Carnival, Eastern Cup, Super Tour
- Craftsbury Paralympics Gallery 2016
- Coast to Coast
- Montpelier Halloween
- Skyline Blue Ridge
- Florida Keys
- Craftsbury SuperTour 2015, II
- Craftsbury SuperTour 2015
- Oregon Coast & Portland
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Plainfield Flower Farm
- Croatiaâ€™s Dalmatian Islands
- Home Share Now
- Santacon + NYC2
- Algonquin Park
- Irene Clean-Up, Waterbury, VT
- Irene Aftermath
- La Belle France
Category Archives: Colors
Plainfield Flower Farm
Morning, North Branch
Every July for 40 years the Des Moines RegisterÂ and a legion of volunteers have put together a little event called the Register‘s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa, better known as RAGBRAI, a week-long bicycle ride across the roughly 500-mile-wide state. It started with twoÂ Register employees and a few hangers-on and has grown into an Iowa tradition and a bicycling legend that this year drew […]
Spring Turns a Corner
In the Vermont hills, we’re finally moving from the gray browns of March into the soft green pyrotechnics of Spring: East Montpelier and Calais roads, and one beautiful but unfortunate ruffed grouse, on the road, Calais.
Craftsbury Nordic Center, Craftsbury, VT.
Hay barn, Craftsbury, VT.
Christmas Tree, Albany, VT
I hate to overdo Santas, but I happened to be in New York during the annual flash mob known as Santacon, also known as the Santa Pub Crawl. Thousands of Santa wannabes followed Tweets around the city, from South Street Seaport to City Hall Park, Grand Central, the public library, Times Square and bars in between, depending on the Santa, since not all Santas are […]
You Definitely Better Not Shout
Nearly 1,200 Santas champ at their beards before the start of the first Ri Ra’s Santa 5-k Run and Walk on Church Street in Burlington, VT, Sunday. Let’s see: Beard: check! Hat: check! Santa jacket: check! Santa Belt: check! Baggy Santa pants: check! And off they went, to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation.Â Below, those beards can be a problem. Maybe some starch?
Back to Grass
So maybe we jumped the gun a littleÂ on the skiing thing. East Montpelier, VT, today.
Rolling through a Vermont autumn on a dirt road in Albany, above, and at dawn, below, on Route 100 in Granville.
North shore, Prince Edward Island.
The site has been down and on and off for nearly a month with assorted technical problems, including being hacked into, but things seem to be resolved now. So, here isÂ Nice, France, and those blues are why they call it the Cote d’Azur. Â More pictures from the incredibly varied landscape of the Fifth Republic are here. If you mouse-over the individual thumbnails in the galleries, […]
The reward for struggling through all the snow and mud came today. This is the same hill that was in the “April in Vermont” post below, just a little more than month ago. Today it was bursting with the arrival of spring.
Easter, Worcester, VT.
Snow & Sky
That’s it: the snow and the sky. We have a lot of both right now.
Wind on the Horizon
Wind Farm, Route 11, upstate New York.
OK, you don’t usually associate Maine with barbecue, but there it is, in the orange trailer poking out of the snowbank where U.S. Route 2 sweeps eastward from Bethel toward Rumford. I didn’t have any, but it smelled good. It’s in the parking lot next to the Good Food Store and run by the same people who run the store. It’s called Smokin’ Good BBQ.
Snowstorm, Interstate 89
Through the windshield during the north-central Vermont segment of this week’s Nor’easter. Nope, I wasn’t driving! For more on this winter, go here.
Colors of Burano
On wholesale jerseys the island of Burano in the Venice cheap mlb jerseys lagoon, pastel-painted walls rule. cheap jerseys This is how I Tips found the bike, leaning Susswater against the wall on world! a hot summer Any day du â€” no art director involved.